Thursday, April 14, 2016 marked the 15th consecutive year that Career Transitions partnered with Lethbridge College and Skills Canada Alberta to host the SW Regional Skills Canada Competition. The regional event is the first step towards provincial, national and world level competitions.
This one day event features high school students putting their skills to the test on a real world project. Students have the chance to demonstrate their talents and see what it takes to pursue a career in their area of interest. As a not-for-profit society, Career Transitions seeks support from community partners to reward students’ accomplishments showcased during this worthwhile event.
By supporting STUDENTS at the South West Regional Skills Competition you are:
- Demonstrating industry support to students who are currently exploring trades and technology occupations
- Taking steps towards addressing anticipated skilled labour shortages
- Attracting potential future employees to your business
- Highlighting the career opportunities for students to remain in southern Alberta
- Investing in the future of Southern Alberta youth
Benefits to your organization:
- Position yourself as an industry leader among students and peers
- Promote your business and connect with an audience of future clients
- Align your company with other quality businesses that sponsor this event
- Build your reputation for corporate responsibility
- Corporate logo featured in all event materials and during award ceremony
Ways to support:
- Cash donations (CRA tax donation receipts will be issued for all cash donations)
- Trade tools (CRA tax donation receipts can be issued for trade tools if they are accompanied by a cost invoice on company letterhead)
- Gift baskets (CRA tax donation receipts can be issued for gift baskets if they are accompied by a cost invoice on company letterhead)
- Gift certificates (Gift donation receipts will be issued for all donated gift certificates - CRA tax donation receipts CANNOT be issued for gift certificates)
Sponsorships can be event specific or general in nature.
Thank you very much for your consideration of sponsorship. If you are interested in supporting this event, please contact Judy Stolk-Ingram.
If you have any further questions about the competition, please don’t hesitate to call, 403-328-3996.