Namao School Council (NSC) is an association of Parents, Teachers, Principal, School Trustee, Namao Agricultural Society and Community Representatives who have joined together to enhance the effectiveness of the entire school community in a manner that supports learning for all students individually and collectively. The School Council is an association whose purpose is to foster, encourage and facilitate cooperation among all participants in the school community and to provide advisory assistance to the Principal and Board of Trustees.
Our school council follows the guidelines specified by Alberta Education and Sturgeon Public School Division. It allows various stakeholder groups more opportunities to become involved in the decision-making process at Namao School.
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of school council, please refer to the Alberta School Councils’ Association.
Members for 2017-2018 School Year
- Chair - Cherie Speer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair - Jaclyn Miller
- Secretary - Taryn Gerlinsky
- Grade 1-3 Representative - Lara Walsh
- Grade 4-6 Representative - "still available"
- Grade 7-9 Repressentative - "still available"
- Members at Large - Maria Ouellette, Patsy Kmita-Aumais
- Trustee - Tasha Oatway-McLay
Learn more in the Namao School Advisory Council Introduction Package.